Wednesday, December 08, 2004

All’s Quiet on the Home front

Sorry to be absent for so long. We had a houseguest, and stayed insanely busy running around the island. I considered it practice for the coming month. I love having visitors. My brother said that his favorite thing is seeing someone experience life here for the first time. I have to agree. With a visitor I am able to forget that my life actually revolves around trips to the grocery store and the library. I can remember that this is an amazing place, and that the people here really are different than they are in other parts of the country. I tend to forget that in other parts of the country brown skin and long hair are not the norm.

We had a wonderful week. Lots of food and running around. We even found time to hike a mountain. Won’t be doing that again, but it was better than I expected! She is back to work in the morning, poor thing, but I know she is glad to be home.

No comments: