Monday, January 02, 2006

New Years in Prague

We had a great time.
A month ago, when I looked for a room in Prague for the weekend, I was amazed to find that there was NOTHING left. I eventually discovered an apartment rental firm, The Castle Steps and we rented the redwood Apartment for two days. The apartment turned out to be the perfect place to stay, and when we return to Prague they will be the first place I contact.

Prague was amazing at New Years. There were so many people out and about that if it had not been for the snow on the ground one would think that the summer holidays had been pushed back. Truly astonishing crowds. Because of the crowds we did not actually go into most of the museums and memorials, but we had a great time not seeing the interiors.

The food was filling, the company was jovial, and all in all it was a fantastic trip. I will post photos seperately.

Today we said goodbye to my parents. They are off to Munich for a few days and then head home on Thursday. We know that they will have a grand time and look forward to hearing all about it!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I cannot wait to get there! Prague is definitely on my must see list in the next 12 months.