Saturday, May 20, 2006

Happy birthday, Bruddah IZ

He would have been 47.

We celebrated his birthday by going to the annual luau on base. Today was cold and rainy, so we did not stay too long, but the food was good, and the family was happy.

Pigs in the imu
The pork was delicious!

Grinds
As was everything else. Yesterday, someone told me that they did not understand standing in a long line for this food. I replied that this meal was 3000 miles closer than the last Hawaiian plate I'd had. (New York in November) It was so worth the wait!

Upside down on the bouncy slide
Look at that smile!

Fierce Battle
The boy fencing with a new friend.

Aloha!
My happy men. We were very happy to be dressed in Aloha wear again. Most of Zanla's casual shirts are aloha, and many of my skirts are as well. The boy managed to grow out of almost everything this year, so this shirt is new. He liked it very much.

It was a beautiful day.

No comments: