Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Head in the sky

You may not know this, but our family has a theme. We have always used the sun, moon, and stars as stand-ins for ourselves. It has helped when Wendall is away to know that as the moon, he is with us all night long. My job as the sun is to watch over us all day, and the boy is the stars, bringing sparkles into our lives.

Last night the boy came to a conclusion.

"Daddy- you are the moon because you are out at night, when it is dark. And you are dark, so you are the moon. Mommy is the sun because she is light like the sky during the day. I am the stars because I am lighter than Daddy but darker than Mommy, so I am light but at night. That's why we are who we are!"

I guess I can live with that.

(Note to a friend--yes, I do find it funny that I've become Sun Moon Stars. Stop giggling!)

No comments: