Monday, September 04, 2006

Early morning rush

Tomorrow the early morning rush begins. The boy will head to his first day at the American Kindergarden an base. We will walk him to the bus and kiss him for luck, and after a few photos he will be on his own.

I think it is the bus that is making me hold my breath. He was in school for most of last year, and he did just fine. He is looking forward to a new school this year, and he likes his teacher and his classroom. There was something about dropping him off at school every day, though, that I will really miss. I will have no contact with the teacher except through him. I will not hear about his day, or her weekend, or any of the little things that made me so comfortable at his old school.

I know that he will be just fine. I have a list of errands to run tomorrow, some of which have been put off for the entire month he has been home. The day will pass quickly, and he will come home filled with stories. I plan to walk him straight to the ice cream parlour and let him order whatever he wants ("Zwei kugel schokolade, bitte!") and then bring him home to play and plan for the next day.

Look for a photo asap!

No comments: