Monday, November 12, 2007

Scholastic Book Fair

Do you remember the excitement of the book fair? Did you beg your parents for a few dollars so you could go on your own and buy a new book? Did you have 25 or 50 cents left over and buy a silly pencil or a pack of stickers?

I loved the book fair. It was only for a day or so, set up in the cafeteria (the only room big enough) for an hour or two each day. I had plenty of books at home, but the thought of a new book was wonderful.

Even the Scholastic magazine was not as good as the fair. Flimsy pages showed a few options, but the fair let me hold them, touch them, and small them. I've always loved the feel of a book in my hands, and so many new ones in one spot....ahhhh, heaven.

Tomorrow I get to be behind the scenes at the book fair. The PTO meeting was awful, but it did allow me to connect with the parent in charge, who were kind enough to let me volunteer some of my time this week. I honestly can not wait.

I'm off to pick an outfit.

1 comment:

Kim @ Socius: Daejeon Central said...

I LOVED the book fair! It was easily one of my favourite days of the year. My parents were reluctant to buy some things for me, but never books (probably because I wore out all the books in the house that I was able to understand).

Hope it went well!