Monday, October 18, 2004

Brunch on the Beach

Yesterday was a perfect day. We headed to Honolulu for my favorite event, Brunch on the Beach. It is a monthly event, held right on the water. Live music and good food and the most beautiful beach on Earth. Who could ask for more? Jake Shimabukuro was the headliner, so Kurt finally got the chance to see him play. He is a twenty something year old ukulele superstar (yes, there is such a thing!), and played an amazing set.

After Brunch, we headed to the Ward Center for a bit of Bookcrossing. Ah, Jamba Juice and books, a great pairing. All together, I released five books yesterday, passing the 400 mark in my releases. Wendall released two, and I was happy. I try not to push Bookcrossing on him, but it really pleases me when he joins in.

After Ward we headed to the NEX for groceries. Five adults, one child, two carts, and a stroller make for an interesting shopping experience. We do this once a month or so, and have a great time. It has been an amazing experience to be so close to my brothers. Who would have guessed we would all have so much fun together?

No comments: