Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's 5am, I'm going back to bed!

The little guy and I are on our own this week. Wendall is off on a trip for work, so we have been granted the keys to the Passat (woo-hoo!!!!) and plan to have fun.

Yesterday the school had a fundraising Easter party, and the entire town of Sorghof came out to buy crafts and cake. It was insanely busy, and all of the higher priced craft items sold immediately, so hopefully the school made some money. I am happy to report that the glued-together rabbit I painted sold in the first few minutes, and that my cupcakes were a hit with the kids. I was afraid that they would be too much towards the American taste bud, but the German kids looked happy as well. And they made $25 for the school.

Monday, the school is haing a book sale. They promised to have some books in English, so I'll pop my head in and see what is available.

Oh, and yesterday it RAINED. Softly, and with no wind. The mist rising from the fields was lovely, and it was warm enough to get to the car without a coat. YAY!!!

Ok, back to bed for me.

No comments: