Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We will be meeting with the boy's teacher tomorrow afternoon. I think this can be resolved and I hope it can be done without making him switch classes, but I have a feeling that I will never actually like this teacher.

I've talked to some of the other parents in the class. I am not the only one to have a reaction to her, but the others have had an easier time shaking it off and moving on. I will do my best to do the same. I have had parents tell me that they would love to have their child in her class, and I have not heard that bout any other teacher. I have not heard much about the other teachers, which has me wondering.

The boy has been complaining that he has no friends, and that no one wants to play with him. Today he asked me to write a letter to his teacher asking her to do something about it. It is hard to explain to him that his personality is much like mine, and that casual friendships are difficult for me (and I believe for him, as well.) His friendships have all been very intense, and have run deep. They have also all been with children either older than him or different in some way, or both. There is not much I can do for him until he finds "the one" here.

No comments: