Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bargument

Last night, while sitting in a restaurant in Beijing, Wendall explained that he had had a "bargument" with a shopkeeper in a nearby market. I think it is the perfect word to describe the shopping experience in China. I'd heard that bargaining was expected, but I did not realize how vicious it would be. Sadly there were things that I did not buy because I was not mean enough to get the seller down to a reasonable price. Wendall was much better.

We just returned from a 4 day trip to Beijing. We went with 17 other people and had a whirlwind tour of the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, and so many other things that it will be hard to remember them all.

The food was great and cheap enough that we could sample everything. The wall really was great, and the city was amazing. Almost everyone on the trip is planning to return. Check out Flickr tomorrow and there should be a few photos up. Wendall has a few up now, including one of the boy at the Great Wall.

Off to pet the kitties and sleep in my own bed!

No comments: