Saturday, April 12, 2008

Seven years ago today I awoke to some wonderful news. Wendall had been accepted to the Basic Course at the JAG school in Charlottesville Virginia. It meant that he would be heading back to the States after many long months in Korea. It meant that we would be together again after almost two years of being mostly apart. It meant that he had been accepted as an officer in the JAG Corps. It was one of the best days of my life, and every year I smile on this day.

This year I have more reasons to smile.

Last week we received word that Wendall has been accepted to the Graduate Course in Charlottesville. This means that we will be heading back to the States after many long months in Korea. It means tat we will be near family again after six years of being mostly apart. It means he is one step closer to being promoted.

We have no details yet, and when we have them they will not be posted here. If you need to know them, you will hear more. If you want to know them just let me know. I will be sending emails begging some of you for help and/or advice. All we know now is that we should be leaving Seoul sometime this summer.

Now for a bit of truth. We have not lived in the US for three years. We have not lived on the Mainland for over six years. While I am very excited to be near our families and friends for the next year, I am also worried about living on the East Coast again. I am honestly looking at this move in the same way I looked at moving to Germany or Korea. This will be a completely new experience for the three of us. I am looking forward to introducing the boy to a slice of American culture. I’m hoping that we are as adaptable there as we have been in the other places we have lived.

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha! Wonderful news for you and hopeful you will be stopping in Oahu on the way back. Really exciting. I am jealous of your China trip and thrilled for you orders.

Carlynn