Friday, November 12, 2004

An open Letter to My Husband

An open Letter to My Husband

Thank you, Love.Thank you for going out and doing what you knew had to be done. Thank you for doing what only you could do. Thank you for rising up to the challenges and facing them head on. Thank you for flinching, and being able to admit that you had flinched. It has made you stronger.

Thank you for being the type of person who could agree to be sent to the far side of the world, away from friends, family, and personal freedom, in order to serve your country. Thank you for returning to me in one piece, physically and mentally.

Thank you for being my partner. Thank you for helping me build a family strong enough to survive. Thank you for helping me understand that our union is the foundation of something much greater than us, and that we are, in fact, a part of our own future. Thank you for our child.

Thank you for every day. The good and the bad. The sick rich poor sad crazy happy whirlwind of our days. Thank you for Hawaii, and thank you for whatever comes next. Thank you for being you, and for being us, and for being a part of the greater beyond.

On Veteran’s Day, I thank you.

No comments: